Ubud is a tropical paradise and has so much to offer – from its charming little town to the rice paddies and waterfalls; there is seriously something for everyone. Here are my top picks for things to do in and around Ubud :
1) Spend an afternoon in Ubud town – Chances are you would be staying in or around town. The town is super cute so rich with culture. It is lined with lots of boutiques, small shops, amazing restaurants and cafes. Whether you window shop or actually practise your bargaining skills, it is such a delight to spend an afternoon here. For a delicious lunch/dinner in town make sure to check out Watercress Cafe – absolutely delishh.
2) Visit the Pura Taman Saraswati – The Saraswati temple is right in the heart of the town and is simply stunning. The architecture of the temple is so intricate and there are carvings that honor Goddess Saraswati known to be the goddess of wisdom and the arts. There are giant lotus ponds right out in the front of the temple that also make a beautiful photo opp! There are also regular dance performances by night at the temple.
Dress – c/o Chaser Brand
3) Feed bananas to the monkeys at the Sacred Monkey Forest – Ill admit both Anush and I were really nervous about visiting this place. But it is right in town and is seriously a once in a lifetime opportunity so we mustered the courage to do it and it was such an incredible experience. My response to “make a monkey face Jyo!”
4) Try out some local Balinese coffee at Bali Pulina Plantation – This plantation is very close to the rice fields. We got a tour of the farm and insight into the process of how they make Luwak coffee (from the Civit cats). Yup thats the coffee made from defecated coffee beans from the Civit cat; safe to say that it didn’t taste like crap haha! We also got to taste a flight of other yummy local coffee and tea with a killer view of the rice fields at sunset.
5) Kick back and relax at your private villa – Read more about our stay at Wapa Di Ume in this post.
Coverup : c/o Juliet Dunn London
6) Pamper yourself to a traditional Balinese massage at a spa – We visited Fivelements for the couples coconut harmony treatment and the whole experience was nothing short of fabulous! Listening to the soothing sound of the Ayung river while getting our massages as well as enjoying a gorgeous view of it during the coconut milk bath was so so serene and memorable. Perfect romantic setting! We left feeling super refreshed and rejuvenated.
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo